I have mostly mixed feelings about the definitive update. I can't
vouch for if all of these are apart of it since I hadn't played in a
long time but these are my thoughts:
• Did the usual enemies get big HP buffs? Because a lot of these fights have become very time consuming. Now they're not exactly harder, mind you, but they just take too long to kill now and it's become what I disliked mainly about the Arkantos Mod of Lisa the Joyful; most of the enemies are just HP sponges now.
• Some of the new skills added are completely useless, mostly Lanks' new abilities. Stink Bomb almost never deals poison to enemies even though that's the selling point of the move in the description. On top of that Enrapturing Speech is no better than Powerful Speech now. It used to give Attack and Agility buffs AND Rage, but now it just slightly buffs the team (as much as Powerful) with a small chance of Rage. This should have been the turnaround move to combat the final enemies of the Sportsdome, but instead it made those last fights miserable and (like my first point) time consuming.
• I do not like that Cyclops changed to from SP to TP. Now there are some clever ways to take advantage of this I will admit. It makes it easier to decide who stays awake at campfires, and since you don't need to expend as many SP restoring items on your party when needed; the TP takes care of itself. But once Cyclops starts learning the more expensive and most helpful skills it becomes a real annoyance to even build up enough TP to use them, and once they're used the TP is drained almost completely. This wouldn't be so bad if stores sold Lucrative Tea, or if as Cyclops levels up he gains even more TP for every dial combo performed (because for late game 3 TP for every dial combo performed is absolutely pitiful), but I have never (or only once) used these higher up skills, and they simply collect dust in Cyclops' potential arsenal.
• How much of this brand new content is blocked behind Pain Mode? I attempted to explore these new areas being teased, but only a few screens later I'm blocked by an impassable obstacle that can seemingly only be made passable through a Pain Mode exclusive event trigger. There's also apparently new party members to recruit throughout the game, but as it turns out these events can only be triggered through pain mode. Now I don't have an issue with pain mode in general, but with so much content now blocked behind it what's the point of ever doing normal mode anymore? It genuinely feels like playing normal mode only gives you half of the experience now. There might as well not even be an option to choose the difficulty anymore, because a vast majority of the players will always choose pain mode JUST to get the full experience. That would be my suggestion, either that or allow these new areas and new party members to also be fully accessible in normal mode (though in regards to the super secret boss I've heard about, keeping that in particular in pain mode only is fine). I started out this new update in normal mode because rightfully I felt I was rusty with the playable characters, so I'm very disappointed that I don't have very much of the new places to explore, and that I have to start over from the beginning in pain mode just to get back there.
LISA the Hopeful
A downloadable fan game for Windows
A hopeful adventure in a world of morons and despicable perverts
- A whole new part of Olathe to explore with five main acts (Around 4+ hours of gameplay)
- A brand new perspective and sweet delicious plot that will keep your attention
- Challenging yet fun battles against monsters, mutants, idiots and lovely people
- Three main characters with a diverse set of skills and abilities that allow the player to come up with their own tactics and strategies
- PAIN MODE for masochists and fun-haters
- A main familiar choice that will alter the course of your story, and two main endings
There was one. Check out the new trailer.
Please update to the latest version before making bug reports, thanks. Also, discord link for discussion: https://discord.gg/BxejXWj
Q. My game closes on start up or gives me an error message that I'm missing a file.
A. Remember to extract the RAR file with an unzipping program like WinRAR, and you must have admin permission on your computer.
Q. I can't run/find the executable because I'm on a Mac.
A. As of right now, the game only runs on Windows. That'll be changed soon if things work out, so keep checking back.
Q. My game is lagging a lot and skipping frames.
A. Open up the game and press F1 to open up the options menu. Click the graphics tab and turn off Frameskip. (Not available in the default/old RPG Maker Launcher named 'Game')
Q. My game crashes after a certain fight in the back of a truck.
A. Update your game. You can transfer your save file, just copy and paste into the new version's folder.
Q. My game crashes when I meet a certain handsy fellow.
A. Should be fixed in versions 1.05.6 and onwards. You can transfer your save file, just copy and paste into the new version's folder.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I have mostly mixed feelings about the definitive update. I can't
vouch for if all of these are apart of it since I hadn't played in a
long time but these are my thoughts:
This game far exceeded my expectations; I absolutely loved it. If you are considering downloading this game do it now! Taco Salad and co. you have truly made an amazing fan game.
Ps. Try not to be so joyful, for the best experience. ;)
hey i love this game but what the fuck, what the for real fuck, fuck me, fuck my life, fuck, fuck, i am so sad, i am so upset, all my friends are fucking dead, i was so ATTACHED and now theyre DEAD and im fucked up for good now ill never be the same this game did me in i have never felt so lost in my life yall made me kill clyde myself and then i thought "well at least i still have lanks" but i was a FOOL i was STUPID..... anyway im real upset over this game u did too damn good of a job
There is a bug in the Marsh Town Area Whare you can find a jerky pizza that never disappers after picking it up
Hey Taco, I created the account just to thank you for the great game. You made a good story which deserves a place in LISA universe. I'm really impressed by this game. Thanks.
Why is this listed as "not available on Windows" whenever I look at it on the client?
Yo taco, I made an account just to let you know that I loved Lisa the Hopeful and every character in it.
Keep up the good work ❤❤❤
Dude this really needs a sequel
22 days ago, I played Lisa the Hopeful, my mind kept bothering me of making an offical review since I said I would probably make one, and, well, here it is.
As I said before, this game felt like a sequel to Lisa the Painful, except it is based on different characters, made by Taco Salad. I wouldn't call this game OUTSTANDING, but very well made.
Some of the characters were used from the previous games, but some were original, and some of them had a laugh that I enjoyed, or being wierded out.
The soundtrack were obviously used from other fan made games and from the original, but the theme for each place you run into fits perfectly.
The gameplay outside of the battle were good, except some of the things you thought would have goods because it was exactly like the previous game, turned out to either be nothing or a person giving dialogue. Also the place I disliked the most was the swamp level. The reason for it was because of the mushrooms that drugs you and makes your combat weaker, and it almost felt impossible to go through without being gassed. I guessed how the mushrooms work was that it spews out gas, and you see the gas floating in any sort of direction. If they aren't in your way then you're clear, but when I tried that method, I got gassed without any gas in the way. Was there something I was missing, or was it a mistake? Anyway, I haven't have to face any glitches while traveling.
The combat system worked nicely, but mostly in the ending, the characters you're facing start to disappear after they perform an attack, and you would have to scroll over to see if he is still alive.
The story was well written with it's dialogue and how you would feel for each character. I can't say all the characters would be well remembered, except for the main character, Beltboy, and you'll see what I mean when you play the game.
Now the gamemode, I only played the Painful Mode, and it was painful, but it takes strategy and (probably) luck to get through the game without dying too many times.
Finally, the ending, I've been trying to make this review spoil free, but this can't go without saying anything that would spoil the game. If you want to skip this paragraph, then keep scrolling down till the paragraph ends.
This adventure has more than one ending, you can chose to take the joy yourself, and/or give one or both your characters one, or don't take any at all. Joy affects your combat system and makes your characters to perform 100% critical hits, and are not cheap to sell. But if you were aware of Lisa the Painful, you would be fully aware that it turns you into a mutant monster.
Now the fate of each character you're partnered with turns out that they will die no matter what, and you can't change that. It felt cheap, but it would be more understandable if you weren't aware of how it would've turned for the characters either way.
Now, heres the confusing part for the game "series," if you didn't take the drug, you get an extra dialogue story with the girl and Beltboy, and she says that she needs your help, could this mean that there could be a sequel? It wouldn't make more sense if you drug yourself and decided to leave the game how it is. But I did like the joyless ending. The joyful would just make you feel awful.
This game is in the middle of being called an actual game to a fan made game, and I must say, I am very impressed how it turned out to be. I can't call it perfect, but I can call it fun to play. It still could've have more things to do like more side quests or more characters to talk to and have a goof about it because it almost felt empty compared to Lisa the Painful.
For its rating, I would give it a 7/10.
Thank you for this game, and I'm hoping to see more games coming from Taco Salad.
This is a fantastic fan game! Good job guys!
Did all joyful, joyless, and pain mode runs.
Thanks for the wonderful fan game!
I made an account on this website just because I had to let you know this game fucked me up. I mean, Painful and Joyful were both sad, but this game genuinely fucked me up. It took my heart and then fucking stomped on it. The abrupt shift in atmosphere, the finale, the brief glimmer of hope you get right after the Sportsdome which is then ripped away from you, the last campfire scene, the everything in this game is just beautifully set up and executed to leave you with this crushing feeling of loss.
Fuck, this was a great game. Absolutely perfect.
Just wanted to say great job on this game, the hard work and passion is evident for this LISA fan game! I love the different direction this game went by following three bro's while still maintaining that LISA quality/similarity. After playing this on pain mode (joyless), I adored the expansion to the LISA universe and that ending made me wanted more. Thank you for creating this brilliant game
i'm having trouble in the swamp area, how can i pass the balloon?
When I try to download the game, i don't get a .exe file. I only get .rar files. Is it because i'm useing windows 10?
You need to extract the RAR file with a program like WinRAR, it contains the game
hey! i love this game so much so far! but i'm having a BIT of an issue. i may just be being stupid, but /SPOILERS/ after i defeat bubbles, ya know, the joy mutant, and i walk past him, i can't go up the ledge. and when the barrels hit me, they don't knock me onto the ledges, but instead into the bowls of beer or onto the floor. i may just be dumb, but i can't figure it out and i've gotten to attached to these characters and this story to stop now.
Hey, just wanted to say i LOVE your game, exactly what i wanted from a lisa fangame. great fights and humour, heartbreaking moments, and tons of new awesome mechanics that i can't help but gush to my friends about. One thing though, will you ever release the music for it? i really love the sportsdome general theme and keggers music, and i can't find it anywhere! thank you for taking the time to make such an amazing experience.
More Lisa? Hell yeah! Looking up to this.
Well, i installed a new version after the whole crash error and i finally got to play the game. Gotta say, it was phenomenal. Only complaint is that this game is a bit too linear in comparison to LISA the painful and LISA the pointless. Other than that, great game, i especially love the last few scenes where Beltboy turns from kind to a proper badass
I'm only half way into the game, and I must say, it is remarkable. This game feels the new Lisa we all would be hoping for, except this adventure hardly relates to Brads story. You get invested with these characters once you start playing the game and it shows a bond in the party. The fighting feels fair as long you know your strategies. Some humor here and there that you might laugh to, I certainly did. Although it is hard to keep control of your mags compared to LISA, but it is similar to LISA the Joyful. The Antagonist makes me want to strangle him, and that's what it is expected to do with a villain. I can keep up with the plot smoothly. And finally I am invested with the OST, and I am hoping for a free OST without converting the music. I may have a official review over this game, but I decided to release my thoughts about the game so far. Thank you
I look forward to checking out your review if you end up making one! Thank you for your kind words.
I have an issue about the swamp area.
Next to the Wells Brothers, there is one of the mist mushrooms, but when I pass them, I start tripping balls, no matter what. I've waited for them to exhale it, but it changes nothing. I've tried loading previous saves and nothing, could you look into that?
That mushroom is a dick I know. Wait for them to be spat out, then if there's no gas on top of the mushroom, step onto it. Wait until they're spat again, then take another step forward off the mushroom once the tile is clear, then continue. It is possible and it's not a bug, it's just an asshole mushroom guarding a pair (or trio) of asshole brothers.
Hello Taco Salad, do you mind letting me know when the latest update of this game was posted? Thanks.
i find a bug in the old luncher in the zone keeger krew the ten on the zone of the barrels thats the bug i cant go up or down from the new ropes please help me ah and sorry for my bad english
https://i.gyazo.com/34aafdbdf31b1644118aaaea88a52292.png These are not new ropes, just pillars holding up the platforms
For some reason I can't play the game without having to move the tab. It freezes on one frame unless I move it.
Not sure why that would happen, try the legacy version (the alternate launcher).
Still won't work. And I really wanted to play..
Does this happen with other rpg maker games / LISA / LISA the Pointless?
Everytime i download it..it gets stuck at 40 or 50 % IDK why can you please add a Mediafire link or upolad it anywhere else i really want to play this game! thank you.
So im using windows 8 for this and I used winrar to extract it. But then when I open the game, there's a pop-up that says, "No game scripts specified (missing game.ini?)". Just so you know the game.ini seems to be there. So, what should I do?
Edit: Nevermind, I just had to use a different winrar version.
does not start and gives error on Windows 7.Plz help!
Screenshot of the error please
Did you extract the .RAR file with WinRAR before running the game? The file the error is referring to should be included, so there shouldn't be any problems unless it doesn't have permission to access it. If the folder has been extracted and you're running the game as an administrator, it should work. If not, then all I can suggest is to download the game and try again.
Did not work,still ideas will be?
I'm going to upload an updated version later on that might work for you. Sorry for the problems you've been having. If you want to try fixing it on your own in advance: edit mkxp.conf with notepad and delete the line 'preloadScript=preload.rb'. This might work for you
Should be fixed now in the update I just uploaded, you should be able to transfer over your save file safely (it'll be in the game's folder)
Hey, great game so far, but there's a section in which I'm getting pretty stuck. Will PM details if you don't want me spoiling anything.
Edit: all good now.
I really wanted to play this game, but after some seconds that i open the game it simple closes, i'm using windows 7 btw.
Sorry, didn't get a notification for this comment. I'm not sure what the problem might be if there's no error message. Try downloading the new version and see if it works, and make sure the game is extracted.
That's...strange. Have you tried more than once? Have you tried redownloading the game? The game has an options menu where you can change things like the sound and music volume - did you change any of that?
is there anyway to disable frame skip?
Try this: there should be a file called mkxp.conf in your extracted game folder. Open it up with notepad; there'll be a line with 'frameskip' that you can change to false.
Hi! I can't figure out where to find your game after extracting the rar file. I have the Hopeful folder open but I don't see the game application anywhere...
Currently, and something that will hopefully be changed soon, I only have the game playable on Windows. If you're using Mac, I don't think you'll be able to run the executable. It should be called 'hopeful.exe' in the extracted folder. You might want to redownload the RAR if you are using Windows and you still don't see it.